Walk through the foundations of Scrum in this engaging, interactive workshop. This 2-day Scrum training introduces the fundamentals of Scrum and provides hands-on experience to prospective Certified Scrum Masters and teams. Designed and delivered by Mike Cohn, one of the most sought-after Certified Scrum Trainers, Mike takes you beyond passing the CSM exam with case-studies, techniques, group exercises, Q&A and live discussions to make it simple and fun to master Scrum.
9 September2 days, 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
2 December2 days, 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
When you attend this course, you leave with much more than theory. You’ll understand how Scrum plays out in the real world, with real people, team dynamics and competing agendas.
In 2 days, you’ll have the confidence and know-how to implement Scrum immediately after the class and experience the benefits of this effective agile framework because all courses are designed for real-life application.
You will also receive 6 months FREE membership in the Agile Mentors Community.
What you will learn
This is a unique chance to learn from a trainer with more than 20 years’ experience using Scrum. After this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the practices of Scrum but with a pragmatic approach: you’ll know when the rules need to be broken
- Improve how you do Scrum now, whether your next sprint is your first or your 100th
- Facilitate effective key Scrum meetings to get the best for your team
- Know how to apply the techniques immediately after the course
Not only are these courses the only opportunity to train directly with Mike, we also guarantee:
- A fresh pace to keep the energy high and improve learning retention
- Group interaction and exercises so you can apply your learning as you learn it
- Access to Mike and the ability to ask questions as they come up
- Mike’s enthusiasm for Scrum and humour to bring the principles to life
The only Certified Scrum Master course that includes FREE 6 months access to Mike Cohn’s Agile Mentors Community (worth $300). The Agile Mentors Community is an exclusive online community for agile practitioners. It is a thriving, friendly space where you can as questions, enhance your learning, collaborate with others, and experiment with new ideas.
Reading the two materials is required, as they'll be referenced in the course but only covered in passing. If you've read them before we'd recommend you re-read or at least skim them before the course to refresh your memory.
Bring your own device
Laptops are not required for this course and all course materials are provided in a binder and on a USB drive.
Managers, programmers, Scrum Masters, product owners, testers, analysts, product managers and anyone who is interested in working on or with a Scrum team.
After successfully completing the course, you will need to take the 50 question CSM test and answer 37 out of the 50 questions correctly within the 60 minute time limit.
After you pass the CSM test, you will be asked to accept the CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile
As a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®, you’ll help the Scrum Team perform at their highest level. CSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions. Through the certification process, you will learn the Scrum framework and gain an understanding of team roles, events, and artifacts.
- Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the role
- Engage with Agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement
In addition to fulfilling the role of Scrum Master, all NEW Scrum Alliance certification holders receive a complimentary two-year membership with their INITIAL certification. Join local user groups and online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on Gatherings, and more.
Project Management Institute (PMI):
This course counts as 15 of the 21 contact hours needed of Agile Project Management Training to be eligible for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
This course also counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Maintain your CSM certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years. Learn more
How Did We Do?