Communicate a vision, optimize the product backlog and deliver success with your team. Just because you have an agile team capable of moving quickly doesn't mean they are moving toward the right goal. Product Owners are responsible for pointing teams toward the right targets, and Product Owner certification ensures you have the right skills to guide your team.
11 March2 days, 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
25 June2 days, 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
9 September2 days, 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
2 December2 days, 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Since more than half of all projects fail in a traditional project management environment, and the successful products include functionality that's rarely or never used, you won't want to miss this course to equip you for success!
You will also receive 6 months FREE membership in the Agile Mentors Community.
What you will learn:
You’ll be training directly with Mike who has more than 20 years’ experience using Scrum. At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Develop a clear project charter that inspires and motivates a team
• Define the product backlog and transform epics and themes into actionable user stories
• Apply a methodical approach for prioritizing items in the product backlog
• Get a clear view of individual roles, responsibilities and how they interact
• Produce accurate plans for fixed-scope and fixed-date projects using velocity ranges
• Earn certification from the Scrum Alliance as a product owner
Not only are these courses the only opportunity to train directly with Mike, we also guarantee:
• A lively pace: The variety of exercises, theory, group work and breaks make it easy to stay energized
• Engaging lessons: Forget stuffy settings and lengthy speeches, Mike’s passion, humor and knowledge make it easy to retain what you’ve learn
• Immediately applicable learning: As soon as the class is over, you can use your new skills on future or current Scrum projects
• Increased confidence: You’ll know what actions result in strong decision-making, letting you build a successful Scrum experience from the outset
The only Certified Scrum Product Owner course that includes FREE 6 months access to Mike Cohn’s Agile Mentors Community (worth $300). The Agile Mentors Community is an exclusive online community for agile practitioners. It is a thriving, friendly space where you can as questions, enhance your learning, collaborate with others, and experiment with new ideas.
Reading the two materials is required, as they'll be referenced in the course but only covered in passing. If you've read them before we'd recommend you re-read or at least skim them before the course to refresh your memory.
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner. There is no exam for this course, full attendance and completion of the group exercises are the only prerequisites for certification.
Bring your own device
Laptops are not required for this course and all course materials are provided in a binder and on a USB drive.
This course is ideal for product owners, product managers, analysts, testers and anyone who represents and is expected to understand the desires of users and customers on agile projects. It is also great for Scrum Masters who want to attend with their product owners or to gain a greater understanding of the product owner role.
After successfully completing the course, you will be asked to accept the CSPO License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
Benefits of a Certified Scrum Product Owner certification:
- Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Product Owner role
- Engage with Agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement
In addition to fulfilling the role of Product Owner, all NEW Scrum Alliance certification holders receive a complimentary two-year membership with their INITIAL certification. Join local user groups and online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on Gatherings, and more.
Maintain your CSPO certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years. Learn more
How Did We Do?