Excellent testing is an open investigation by skilled technical people. Excellent test management requires you to center on the people who do testing—their skills, behavior, and relationship to the rest of the development process. This class will help you to be a better test manager. Some approaches to testing require rigorous scripts and procedures to be established in advance of any test execution. Management then centers on the artifacts of testing instead of the activity.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Rapid Software Testing Managed (RSTM) will help you and your team to focus on business risk. Rapid Software Testing methodology is designed to adapt to your particular context. That requires managers who understand testing. This class teaches managers how to create a supportive environment and culture for better software testing.
- The primary goal of this class is to help you, as a leader, deploy and sustain Rapid Software Testing methodology in your organization.
- A second goal of this course is to give you a better grounding in a humanist approach to technical management.
What Topics Are Covered
RSTM is taught Socratically, with exercises, discussions and illustrations of the RST methodology. Class discussions and debate address students’ questions and specific needs. We all learn from the unique perspective that each student brings to the class.
- What is special about managing testing as an exploratory, skilled activity.
- Activity-based management and why it works better than artifact-based management.
- How automation can be used to assist the testing process.
- The “secret life” of testing and automation, and how they relate to estimation.
- How and why to explicitly associate test activity with product risks.
- Incremental test strategy and planning.
- How to think about the testing role and how it relates to the rest of the project.
- Advocating for testability, testing, and quality.
- Supervising and motivating people who test.
- Reporting project status to indicate progress and prompt the right questions.
Who Should Take This Training
- Rapid Software Testing Managed is for you if you are responsible for managing testers or the testing process, either directly or indirectly.
- If you manage a test process directly, we will show you how to organize and justify it in a world where many people seem think that testing just slows down the project.
- If you are a development manager or product manager in a group with no test manager, we’ll help you to recognize important differences between managing programming work and managing testing work.
- If you are a leader in a development group that is working in or shifting to Agile, Scrum, or DevOps process models, we’ll show you how Rapid Software Testing methodology fits into those processes to help you test the right things, in the right way, at the right time.
- If you are responsible for managing an outsource or offshore testing group, we’ll help you to direct and steer the group and its managers to provide you with the information you need when you need it. We’ll also show you how to evaluate the quality of the testing work.