Product Ownership is pivotal to maximise the value delivered by the Scrum Team. If you have the CSPO certification and are looking to provide even better outcomes for your customers and business then this course is for you.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This course will help you:
- Discover and shape better outcomes
- Bring the customer into the room
- Improve your collaboration and engagement with stakeholders
- Improve your collaboration with your team(s)
This Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner course is the second step on the Path to CSP (Certified Scrum Professional - Product Owner) and builds on the fundamental principles and practices covered in the CSPO course.
Topics covered include:
- Levels of Planning.
- Product Strategy and Visioning.
- Slicing your Product Backlog for faster feedback and roadmap initiatives.
- Forecasting techniques.
Modelling and Forecasting Value
- Approaches to understanding and modelling value.
- Maximizing the flow of Value in your organisation through Value Stream Mapping.
- Understanding threat based neurological responses, how to engage with a reward-based response, and effectively understanding your stakeholder landscape including relationship nuances.
- How to apply an experimental based approach to organisational change.
- Practice facilitation techniques.
Product vs Project approach to delivery
- Defining a Product.
- Outcomes over Output.
- Customer research and Product “Discovery”.
- Validating assumptions.
- Advanced techniques for the Product Backlog.
Product Ownership at Scale
- Organisational design and scaling for Product Based delivery.
- Key patterns for groups of teams, team organisation and synchronisation across teams and specialisms.
- How these patterns relate to popular scaling approaches.
- Using Product slicing for cross team synchronisation and dependency management.
The most obvious thing you will need is a good WiFi and Internet connection with a nice quiet environment for you to both hear and also interact with your fellow course attendees and us lovely trainers! Don't worry about the odd child/dog/cat/partner wondering past or interrupting occasionally, we'll just roll with it.
We recommend a laptop or desktop with good sound and microphone. Course participants have struggled on phones and tablets. We will be using Zoom for the video conference functionality with a waiting room and password configured to provide a reasonable level of security. If you can, we recommend installing the Zoom app on your device but the web version should work as a plan B.
Qualification for A-CSPO requires:
- Full attendance of the course.
- Engagement in group exercises.
- Have successfully achieved CSPO.
- Have a minimum of 12 months Product Owner experience.
Following successful completion of the course, eligible participant will become an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (certification fee is included in the course fee).