This course explores in-depth the critical role of the product owner in successful product delivery, and gives you the tools to become a better product owner. It’s for product owners, aspiring product owners, and anyone who works with project teams and has responsibility for results.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Our interactive Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner training will challenge you to put theory into practice through a variety of exercises and simulations, and to think through your own product ideas for yourself. As well as learning a range of techniques you’ll also gain a deeper understanding of Scrum and agile principles – not just the how but the why. It’s a potent foundation for working with Scrum and agile in your own organisation.
As Agile ways of working are increasingly adopted by organisations seeking to innovate faster and deliver better products, the majority are using Scrum as their framework. Scrum is a deceptively simple framework, but it is highly adaptive and has a significant impact on traditional organisational models. So if you’re to work successfully with it as a product owner, your knowledge needs to go deeper.
Our interactive Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master training is a great course for anybody who is new to Scrum or applying it within their organisation.
The course covers in depth the full Scrum Framework, Scrum events, roles, artefacts and the values and principles that underpin it. A combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion make this a challenging, engaging and enjoyable way to develop your understanding of Scrum. The course also covers many agile practices that support Scrum, including user stories and relative estimation.
We use brain friendly, science based, accelerated learning techniques to help you really learn and increase your knowledge retention.
Why this course?
- Learn Product Ownership with Scrum - the most popular Agile framework and kick start your agile training journey.
- Become a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner.
- Gain the best Product Owner Certification and the most recognised and in demand certification from employers and recruiters.
- Begin your agile journey to Certified Scrum Professional and agile coaching certification of Certified Team or Enterprise Coach.
What you'll come away with:
After successfully completing the course you’ll have learned what a product owner is and how they function within the Scrum framework, and have gained tools and techniques to become a better product owner. You will know how to validate assumptions about a product idea, take the idea forward, understand your customers and manage stakeholders, and work with a product backlog.
You will be able to :
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member.
- Function effectively as Product Owner for Scrum Teams.
- Deliver a successful Scrum project.
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders.
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum Artefacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Task Boards, and Burndown Charts etc. )
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and customers.
- Create and maintain the Product Backlog.
- Fulfil your essential role in Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings.
- Participate in Daily Scrum Meetings and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Learn how to implement a metrics based outcome driven product development approach.
- Implement other Lean and Agile approaches to support your Scrum implementation.
What topics are covered?
Agile principles and Scrum overview
- Key agile product development principles.
- Introduction to Scrum.
Scrum roles and responsibilities.
- Product owner, Scrum Master, team and responsibilities
- Values and behaviour.
- Cross functional teams in a sprint
- Effective product feedback.
- Methods for creating a vision for your product
Planning a product.
- Identifying where to start in planning a product – where is the highest value?
- Using personas and understanding empathy.
- Requirements vs assumptions, outcomes and impacts.
- Identifying and capturing your first product slice using story boards, scenarios or process flows.
- Teams of teams and scaling the product owner.
Kicking off a release.
- Using user stories to stock your backlog
- Release planning approaches.
- Communicating a release.
- Co-ordination across teams.
- Comparative estimation techniques
- Beyond Planning Poker.
- Forecasting and reporting.
- Refinement of product slices.
- Approaches to backlog refinement.
- More prioritisation techniques for your product backlog.
Whether you are a Product Owner, Portfolio Manager, Program Manager, Product Manager or Business Analyst or just responsible for defining product vision or requirements, this course is for you.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however students are expected to complete the pre-course reading required.
Following successful completion of this course, participants will be designated as Certified Scrum Product Owners. This Scrum Alliance certification includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance.
“Great techniques and tools, with a highly engaging dynamic delivery, very applicable, Thank you Zia!” - Ben Gill
“Very Interactive, Engaging Exercises” - Stephen Collins
“Novel not to use any powerpoint, but it really worked and helped my learnings!” - Toni Chapman
“A great interactive course … with immersive learning enabling me to make the most of the coursw” - Callum Green