Many teams and organisations are adopting Scrum to dramatically improve their ability to develop software. However, Agile teams need to be building the right software, and to be truly Agile, they also need to be regularly fed with well-shaped requirements. The Product Owner is a critical ingredient of a Scrum team, shaping what they build and a key influence on team performance.
28 October2 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
If you’re someone who is comfortable with the “business side” of projects, you are probably the right person to aspire to achieve a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) certification.
As a CSPO, you create the product vision, order the Product Backlog, and make sure the best possible job is done to delight the customer.
This course provides an introduction to the fundamental principles and practises of Agile and Scrum and then focuses on how to shape a product or solution and collaborate effectively with Scrum teams.
What you will learn:
- Understand the Agile principles and ethos at the heart of Scrum
- Learn the mechanics of Scrum: roles, artefacts and process
- Self-organising teams and how they work and role of the Product Owner
- Understand product visioning, estimating and prioritisation
- Backlogs: how to use them and related supporting practices
- How to leverage release planning effectively
- Real control through empirical feedback
- Scaling Scrum without breaking it
Achieve an industry recognised accreditation and foundation on which to build
- Certified Scrum Practitioner
- Certified Scrum Coach
- Certified Scrum Trainer
Reading the two materials is required, as they'll be referenced in the course but only covered in passing. If you've read them before we'd recommend you re-read or at least skim them before the course to refresh your memory.
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner. There is no exam for this course, full attendance and completion of the group exercises are the only prerequisites for certification.
Bring your own device
Laptops are not required for this course and all courseware and materials will be provided.
Whether you are a Product Owner, Portfolio Manager, Program Manager, Product Manager or Business Analyst or just responsible for defining product vision or requirements this course is for you.
After successfully completing the course, you will be asked to accept the CSPO License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
Benefits of a Certified Scrum Product Owner certification:
- Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the Product Owner role
- Engage with Agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement
In addition to fulfilling the role of Product Owner, all NEW Scrum Alliance certification holders receive a complimentary two-year membership with their INITIAL certification. Join local user groups and online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on Gatherings, and more.
Project Management Institute (PMI):
This course counts as 15 of the 21 contact hours needed of Agile Project Management Training to be eligible for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
This course also counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Maintain your CSPO certification by earning Scrum Education Units® (SEUs) and renewing your certification every two years. Learn more
How Did We Do?