This two-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience applying Scrum to video game development. This course puts theory into action through extensive use of exercise and a project simulation.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
All exercises and discussions are specifically tailored for those working in video game development. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process as Scrum can have such profound effects on a studio.
Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum artifacts and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
You Will Learn:
Practical, project-proven practices that have worked for numerous video game projects from the trainer who has written the book on agile game development and worked with over 100 studios
• The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
• How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
• How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
• How to help producers, artists, designers and programmers work together effectively
• How to work with publishers and others outside the team who may not be familiar with Scrum
• How to integrate the roles and practices of agile into your studio
• How the practice of Scrum and agile project management are better at meeting fixed ship dates without the death marches
The Workshop Includes
• Bound “Agile Game Development” booklet, an effective reference for the Scrum Master test and applying Scrum in your studio
• Laminated “Agile Game Development” cheat sheets
• Two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
• Access to free Scrum and Agile resources
• Game development specific guidance and coaching no other agile trainer has the experience to provide
This two-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience applying Scrum to video game development.
This course is aimed at anyone interested in starting a Scrum project or wishing to improve their current Scrum implementation within a gaming or app development environment. Naturally intended for those taking on the ScrumMaster role, it is equally useful for any Scrum team member.