This one-day certification course will enable agile practitioners to put Innovation Games to use to identify customer requirements, improve retrospectives, prioritize backlogs, create better release plans and much more.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
Innovation Games® are serious games that can be used to deliver cost-effective market research for Agile teams and super-charge the product planning process. Based on the book of the same name by Luke Hohmann, Innovation Games® power innovation by enabling you to better understand your customers. Many of the practices and processes followed by agile teams are enhanced and improved through the integration of Innovation Games®.
This course will help you gain a better understanding of how to apply these games within the context of an Agile development process. While there is a lot to love about Agile development, many practices can get pretty tiresome. Retrospectives stop working when teams become bored with answering the same three questions (“what worked, what didn’t work, what should we change?”). Prioritizing a product backlog in a single meeting before, or during, release planning using a spreadsheet isn’t very engaging. Developing and presenting a product roadmap using PowerPoint gets pretty old, especially when you can’t find a way to show the growth in functionality of your product.
Beginning with an overview of Innovation Games, you will learn how to:
- Identify customer requirements for an ideal product through Product Box
- Improve retrospectives with Speed Boat
- Prioritize your backlog through the online game Buy a Feature Online
- Plan a successful project through the game Remember the Future
- Develop better release plans with Prune the Product Tree
- Understand product usage with Me and My Shadow and Start Your Day
Agile should be fun! And when you integrate the games described in this class into your Agile practice, it will be.
Completion of the course designates you as a Certified Innovation Games Facilitator, Yellow Belt. (For more information on Certification and Belt Levels, see the Innovation Games website.)
Scrum Alliance: 8 Cat C SEUs
Who Should Attend:
- All members of Agile teams with a focus on product planning, product development and product management.
- Anyone who wishes to create more innovative product and service offerings.