Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Practitioner (SP).
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role using Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming XP.
They will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, they’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
This class prepares teams to run a Program Increment (PI), including all meetings at the Team and Program level with a specifi¬c focus on the upcoming PI planning.
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
• Introducing The SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework™
• Building an Agile Team
• Planning the Iteration
• Executing the Iteration
• Executing the Programme Increment
What you will learn:
• Apply The SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework™ to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
• Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
• Know all other teams that are on the training, their roles and the dependencies between the teams
• Plan iterations
• Execute iterations, demo value and improve your process
• Plan Program Increments
• Integrate and work with other teams on the train
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Background reading of material at the SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework™ prior to the course is desirable but not essential.
Bring your own device
Laptops are not required for this course and the course fee includes:
- All course materials, which include a copy of the slide deck, exercises and case study
- All applicable Scaled Agile "Certified SAFe Practitioner" exam fees
- Scaled Agile "SAFe Practitioner 4.0" certification and 1 year's membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Practitioner exam)
All members of a programme at the beginning of its Scaled Agile journey.
Team members who apply Lean and Agile at scale
All members of an Agile Release Train preparing for launch
Attending the class prepares participants to take the exam and become a certied SAFe® Practitioner (SP).
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe Practitioner certificate
- A SAFe 4 Practitioner digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- A SAFe Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
The course fee includes all applicable Scaled Agile "Certified SAFe Practitioner" exam fees and Scaled Agile "SAFe Practitoner 4.0" certification and 1 year's membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Practitioner exam)
Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward their continuing education requirements with the PMI for Project Management Professionals (PMPs) and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) certifications.
Please check the Scaled Agile Academy for further details.