This workshop consists of two days spent on improving your skills of cloud infrastructure provisioning with the help of mighty Terraform.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
By using declarative language (HCL) to describe cloud resources, you will learn how to efficiently connect the dots of complex cloud configurations: servers, load balancers, keys, firewall rules, storage, base images, CDNs, lambda functions and many more.
State management and sharing with the help of workspaces and external storage engines will allow you to create identical environments from the same code base and ensure their consistency over time.
Organizing code base, orchestrating cluster deployments, implementing reusable modules are only few topics that are going to be touched during this extremely pragmatic and practical workshop based on trainer's real-life experience managing complex cloud environments.
What you will learn:
- Terminology: provider, resource, data, output, module
- Command-line operations: init, plan, apply, taint, destroy, import, output, refresh
- Dive into HashCorp Configuration Language (HCL): variables, expressions, functions, counters, files
- Provisioning cloud resources
- Building environment templates
- Infrastructure state management: local and remote
- Integrating with provisioning tools like Ansible or Puppet
- Integrating with configuration service discovery tools likes Consul
- Managing cluster deployments
- Multi-provider deployments (AWS, VMWare, DNS, Kubernetes)
- Creating Terraform modules for reusable bits of the infrastructure
- Developing custom Terraform provider
By completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define catalog of cloud resources
- Integrate with provisioning and configuration management tools
- Use Terraform workspaces for multiple environment built from the same template
- Create multi-provider configurations to unite heterogeneous infrastructure
- Create reusable Terraform modules
- Write custom Terraform providers
Developers, software architects, technical project managers, system administrators.
Bring your own device
Delegates are requested to bring their own laptop to participate in this course.
We will provide full details of the software installation required a week prior to the course. You can find a set of minimal requirements below: