This workshop consists of two days spent on digging into details of Kubernetes capabilities starting from basics and going to complex deployment patterns and real-life use cases.
9 April2 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
4 June2 days, 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
This course is focused on most commonly used Kubernetes features. It will provide practical tutorials and real-life examples of deploying distributed applications, managing networking primitives (load balancers, proxies), setting up persistent data storages, dynamic configuration management and many other interesting features that are built into the core of Kubernetes.
What you will learn:
- Introduction and container basics
- Architecture: master node, worker nodes, etcd, kubelet, controllers
- Anatomy of a pod: main container, init containers, sidecars, volume mappings, labels, probes
- Anatomy of a service: traffic routing, labels, service types: node port, cluster ip, load balancer
- Working with complex deployments: namespaces, pods, deployments, replica sets, stateful sets
- Persistent volumes: volumes types, volume resizing, volume snapshots
- Configuration management: config maps, secrets, integration with service discovery, reloadable configurations
- Integrating with service mesh: mTLS, failover, timeouts, failure-injection, smart routing, observability
- Cluster security with RBAC
- Working with Helm charts
- Advanced topics: Custom resource definitions, Kubernetes API integrations, Kubernetes Operators
By completing this course, students will be able to:
- Be comfortable with Kubernetes terminology and command line tooling
- Be able to deploy simple and complex distributed applications into Kubernetes cluster
Several years of experience in IT either as a software developer or as a system administrator with basic command-line skills and Linux shell scripting. Experience with Docker containers is a plus.
Bring your own device
Delegates are requested to bring their own laptop to participate in this course.
Software developers and system administrators.
This course is intended as a hands-on practical course and not affiliated with any specific certifications. By completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the principles of DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Know the automation tool set to choose from
- Automate infrastructure provisioning, scaling, testing and monitoring