The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) course is part of the Scrum Alliance’s Agile Coaching Pathway; this step in the journey is a combination of workshop, applied learning on the job and reflection.
18 July3 days, 09:30 AM BST - 04:30 PM BST
12 September3 days, 09:30 AM BST - 04:30 PM BST
This programme is aimed at practicing ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches. Growing skills such as facilitation and coaching, and building knowledge to better serve Development Teams, Product Owners and the wider organisation. This programme’s focus is on growing you as team coaches and change agents.
The workshop builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion and will equip you with the knowledge required to be an effective ScrumMaster. However real learning happens through application and reflection, so after the workshop, in order to achieve the A-CSM™, there is an applied practice and written reflection element. Through the written reflections you will demonstrate that you meet the learning objectives for the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™.
On completion of the reflection, you will become an A-CSM™, which will make you eligible to work towards the Certified Scrum Professional®.
Each delegate will receive one complimentary 1 to 1 coaching session; further coaching support may also help enhance the learning experience.
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ programme will help you take that next step in your growth as a ScrumMaster and Agile Coach. By the end of this programme you will be able to:
• Describe a wide range of Agile and Lean concepts and understand their context
• Share understanding and examples of Empirical Process Control
• Explore facilitation models
• Share facilitation skills
• Plan for collaborative meetings
• Be able to demonstrate a coaching stance
• Apply coaching techniques with team, Product Owners and stakeholders
• Apply techniques to foster self-organisation
• Understand team development models
• Apply techniques for improving team performance
• Facilitate the creation of a definition of Done
• Describe a number engineering practices and how they affect a teams ability to deliver a potentially shippable product increment
• Be able to facilitate the creation of a Vision and Product Backlog
• Explain Scrum to the Business
• Identify, analyze and resolve impediments
• Compare and contrast different scaling options
• Create self awareness of yourself as a ScrumMaster
• Improve your ability to deal with conflict
• Understand Servant Leadership
This course is for ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches with at least a years experience in the role. You must have Agile experience as the course will build on your experiences in order to deepen your understanding of Agile and yourself.
• Agile and Lean Values, Principles, and Worldview
• Empirical Process Control
• Basic Facilitation
• Coaching Fundamentals
• Self Organisation
• Team Dynamics
• Definition of Done
• Value of Engineering Practices
• Going from Vision to Ready
• Coaching the Product Owner
• Resolving Impediments
• Scaling Scrum
• Organisational Change
• Developing Yourself
There are no exams for this course and on successful completion of the full programme you will be granted your Scrum Alliance Advanced ScrumMaster certification.
You will receive:
High quality instruction from our Certified Scrum Trainers and Certified Agile Coaches
• 14 hours for an in-person/classroom-based workshop
• 18 hours when attending a Live Online workshop
• 1 coaching session to reflect on your practice
• For in-person/classroom-based courses on our public schedule, refreshments before and during the course, including lunch
• Course materials and access to other resources on our Learning Management System
• Become part of the BeLiminal Alumni with access to other practitioners and BeLiminal discounts
• Advanced Certified Scrum Master certification on successful completion of the programme
• You will already be a Certified ScrumMaster®(CSM®)
• At least 1 years experience working as a ScrumMaster or Agile Coach
Attendees should re-familiarise themselves with the Scrum Guide.