The Applying Professional Kanban (APK) course will give you an in-depth introduction to improving your team’s effectiveness by applying Kanban flow principles.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
During the class, you will learn the basic principles of flow and how to use them to make your team process more efficient, predictable, and effective. With an emphasis on the practical application of concepts, this course includes many hands-on exercises that will lead you through the steps of setting up and operating a Kanban system for continuous
Learning Outcomes of Applying Professional Kanban (APK)
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of flow.
- Describe the value of Limiting WiP.
- Create a visual board to manage your work.
- Capture and interpret key flow metrics and analytics to find improvement opportunities.
- Explain why flow should be focused on value delivery
- Define, build, operate and continuously improve a Kanban system.
- Discuss how tooling impacts your implementation.
- Kanban in your workplace
- Dispelling Kanban Myths
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 1
- Exploring Kanban
- Visualisation Elements and Techniques
- Elements of Workflow
- Core Flow Metrics
- Cycletime Scatterplots and Service Level Expectation
- Little's Law and Flow Metrics
- Actively Managing Flow
- The WiP Game (TWiG) Kanban Simulation Round 2
- The Implications of Kanban and Flow Thinking
- Designing a Kanban Board
- Work Item Design
- Operating a Kanban System
- Applying Professional Kanban
The Applying Professional Kanban course is for anyone who wants to improve their ability to deliver value and be more effective. Typical attendee roles include:
- Business Analysts
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leads
- Team Members
All participants completing the Applying Professional Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Kanban I (PK I) assessment . The industry-recognized PK I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. If you attempt the PK I assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
- Duration: 4 x 3-hour live virtual sessions
- Certification: PK I by ProKanban.org (after passing the exam)
- Frequency: 6 public courses a year
- Private Courses Available: Yes
- Languages: English or Spanish
- Payment Formats: Credit Card, TransferWise or by Invoice
- Payment Currencies: GBP, EUR or USD
- What's included:
- Token to take PK I Assessment
- 14 PDUs for Project Management Institute and 14 SEUs for Scrum Alliance
- Access to the Actineo Newsletter
- Access to the Actineo Slack channel
- Invites to exclusive Actineo Events
- Membership of the Actineo Alumni Network including 20% discount on future courses
Participants on this class need to have read the Kanban Guide. No working knowledge of Kanban is required.