Live Virtual Classes? As easy as taking in-person content and putting it online? Guess again. Awesome, effective and engaging Live Virtual Training does not happen by chance. You must design, build and prepare with the environment in mind. Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition gives you the approach, tools, and techniques to design, build and deliver Live Virtual Training that your learners will rave about.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
In this practical and interactive virtual class, you’ll explore the current “cognitive neuroscience” that explains how all humans learn. With Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition, you’ll discover 6 specific brain-science principles and a 4-step instructional design model that you can use in your own virtual teaching and training. And you’ll leave with dozens of new ideas, activities, resources, and a new “Gold Standard” for virtual instruction and learning.
- Apply six learning principles based on current brain research every time you deliver virtual training, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map as a training design and delivery model for brain-based virtual instruction.
- Create virtual training sessions that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based virtual learning concepts and strategies from the class and demonstrate how to leverage the strengths of virtual learning environments.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of cognitive science as it applies to learning, training and memory in both virtual and face-to-face environments.
- Choose from dozens of virtual brain-based learning activities for all topics.
- Become an active member of the TBR-VE Class Group, a community that collaborates and encourages its members to be the best that they can be!
What you will learn:
The Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition is a flipped classroom – there is 1 to 2 hours of essential, asynchronous work to do in between sessions to reinforce learning and prepare for what's to come.
- Be Prepared
- What's in it for me?
- Psychological Safety in Live Virtual Training
- Trainer's Toolbox
- 6 Brain Science Principles to maximise Live Virtual Learning
- Tools and Techniques to use the Brain Science Principles
- Low stakes Brain Science Principles practice
- Live Virtual Class Design with the 4Cs Map
- Tools and Techniques to use with each step of the way
- The Secret Formula for Successful Learning Outcomes
- Low stakes 4Cs practice and feedback
- Deeper dive into Instructional Design with the 4Cs
- The Secret Formula for Successful Learning Outcomes revisited
- Bringing it together – 4Cs map design
- Reflect on your Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition Experience
- Present your 4Cs map
The Training from the BACK of the Room Virtual Edition class is for anyone who wants to design, build and deliver live virtual training which is based in the psychology of learning and the science of remote working. Typical attendee roles include:
- Learning and Development Professionals
On successful completion of this class you will receive a TBR-VE Class Certificate of Completion.
- A laptop or desktop computer (the class is not designed for digital tablet or smart phone).
- High quality web cam.
- Good quality microphone/speakers or headset.
- Access to Zoom.
- Access to Mural.
- Printing source to download/print the digital Participant Workbook (about 45 pages) – if you don't have access to a printer, contact us to discuss your options.
“A great approach to training based on neuroscience, which is very engaging and fun. The trainers are clearly experienced, knowledgeable, and have a warm, comforting approach. They use the approaches they're teaching you to teach you!“ Avipaul Bhandari, Agile Coach, UK.
“You will learn lots about how to run training that is both effective and enjoyable. It is a necessary prerequisite to whatever training that you want to deliver in the future.” Vicky Harston, Systems Thinking Lead in Financial Services, UK.
“A must-have for anyone teaching or training anyone else, from young to old! This method is going to only inspire and never frustrate, as some old fashioned methods unfortunately still do.” Azra Meyer, IT Consultant, Germany.