What is a Scrum Master?
A scrum master is the scrum team member tasked with fostering an effective and productive working environment and guiding others to understand scrum values, principles and practices.
Scrum masters tend to be people-oriented, have a high level of emotional intelligence, and find joy in helping team members to grow.
The Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) course is a great first step on an inspiring journey. Anyone new to the agile way of work will find value from the concepts covered in the CSM course.
You’ll learn the Scrum framework and gain an understanding of team accountabilities, events, and artifacts as well as how to guide your team to apply Scrum.
Scrum is applicable across industries and potentially cross-functional teams, so marketers, data scientists, HR representatives, and other professionals looking for a better way to solve complex problems are encouraged to attend.
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM®) certification provides you with the training, tools, and resources you need to increase your skillset and differentiate yourself as a highly qualified scrum master so that you can pursue the opportunities you’re passionate about.
A-CSM is an advanced-level certification with specific requirements:
- Hold a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) certification with Scrum Alliance
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience specific to the role of a scrum master (within the past five years)
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved certified A-CSM educational offering. This may include pre- or post-course work as deemed necessary by your approved educator to complete the learning objectives
- Accept the A-CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile
Certified Scrum Professionals (CSP-SM) challenge their teams to improve the way Scrum and Agile principles are applied. They have demonstrated experience, documented training, and proven knowledge in Scrum.
Aside from the pride gained and earning potential of attaining CSP level, you can also:
- Attend exclusive CSP® events with other leaders in Scrum and Agile
- Attract more recruiters and command a higher rate of pay
- Establish a gateway and milestone toward becoming CST®, CEC, or CTC
- Receive a free Premium subscription to the world’s largest Agile assessment and continuous improvement platform, Comparative Agility®
- Hold an Advanced Certified ScrumMasterSM (A-CSMSM) certification with the Scrum Alliance.
- Attend a certified CSP-SM educational offering to gain advanced Agile facilitation and coaching skills and learn progressive techniques in service to the Product Owner and the Development Team.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of an approved educational offering. This may include pre- or post- course work as deemed necessary by your approved educator to complete the learning objectives.
- You will be asked to accept the CSP-SM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
- Validate at least 24 months of work experience specific to the role of Scrum Master (from within the past five years).