Coaching for Best Fit Agile: Applying the Agile Fluency Model
Book this workshop along with The Agile Fluency Game Workshop and receive a £200 discount; combined 2 day workshop price £1200 + VAT.
Agile has a problem. When we started out with Agile, people used it because it made their lives and products better. Now people complain that Agile is about meetings, top-down mandates, and wasting time. We can do better. It’s time for a change.
In response, Diana Larsen and James Shore developed The Agile Fluency™ Model. The model describes how teams grow in their understanding of Agile over time. It's descriptive in nature, because it reflects what happens in the real world, and in it's aspirational in intention, because you can use it to understand how to invest in improving your teams.
Diana and James have found the model very useful for helping teams, managers, and executives understand what they can get from Agile and what they need to invest in order to get those results. The model's emphasis on concrete outcomes means executives are open—even eager—to devote the effort needed. Leaders appreciate being able to see the tradeoffs and make a strategic decision, and teams thrive when given meaningful goals and the time and resources needed to achieve them.
In this workshop, led by Diana Larsen, together we’ll dig deeper into the model, including:
- Agile Fluency Model Overview
- Bringing Agile Fluency into our organization
- Examples of Agile Fluency in real-world teams
- Examples of organizational investments
- Supplemental materials for metrics and assessments
- Agile principles and practices in the model
- New directions and support for the Agile Fluency Model
What will you learn:
- How to examine and discuss the Agile Fluency model, as a general model and in application to familiar teams
- Discovering benefits you need, want and are getting from your teams and explore the gap
- Using a fluency model for identifying skills in one domain
- Developing a plan for shifting unhelpful patterns of "agile" in their teams or organizations
- Selecting a direction to expand the Agile Fluency model in application
Introductions & Background
Walking Through the Model Explore - Every Step Along the Path
1 Star - Benefits, Shift, Core Metric + Interactive Questions
2 Star - Benefits, Shift, Core Metric + Interactive Questions
3 Star - Benefits, Shift, Core Metric + Interactive Questions
4 Star - Benefits, Shift, Core Metric + Interactive Questions
Applying the Model to Your Teams
What benefits does your organization want/expect? What will the organization invest?
Where do teams fit along the path now? What is the difference?
How Can Leaders (Coaches, Managers, ScrumMaster, etc.) Contribute to the Shift?
New Directions for Agile Fluency
This course is aimed at coaches, ScrumMasters, Product Owners, team leads, developers, testers,, product managers as well as managers, directors and executives who want to deeply understand the Agile Fluency Model
This course is not part of any certifications programme, however it would be very useful for any Agile professionals who want to become Certified Scrum Professionals (CSP), Certified Team Coaches (CTC) or Certified Enterprise Coaches (CEC)
Learning Connexions will award 6 Category C SEUs for this course.